iHealthScreen Inc. Announces CE Certification for iPredictTM Automated AI System for Early Diagnosis of Diabetic Retinopathy (DR), Age Related Macular degeneration (AMD), and Glaucoma Suspect
iHealthScreen is the first company in the USA to receive a CE certification for Automated AI System simultaneous diagnosis of DR, AMD, and glaucoma suspects.
iPredictTM AI Eye Screening System provides fully automated diabetic retinopathy (DR), age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and glaucoma suspect screening, including retinal imaging, and immediate reporting of actionable results. Using the iPredictTM System, primary care and various specialty practices can accurately and efficiently Automated AI System screen diabetic patients for DR, people over 50 for AMD, and those with a family history of glaucoma or other risk factors for suspected glaucoma.
Once high-resolution images of the patient’s eyes have been captured using a color fundus camera and submitted to the iPredictTM Automated AI System, the screening results are available in a fully automated report in less than 60 seconds. The entire test can easily and reliably be completed within 5 minutes.
- iPredict-DR can detect more than mild DR or vision threatening DR such as severe non-Proliferative DR, proliferative and diabetic macular EDEMA.
- iPredict-AMD can detect referable AMD such as intermediate to late AMD and non-referable AMD such as early or none.
- iPredict-glaucoma detects glaucoma suspects based on abnormal optic discs.
If referable stage disease is detected for any of these conditions, the iPredict automated report recommends a visit to an Ophthalmologist for appropriate treatment. Otherwise, in accordance with standards of care, a follow-up visit in one year is suggested. iPredict is indicated for use by healthcare providers in clinics, hospitals, or other healthcare facilities to automatically detect DR, AMD, and glaucoma suspect.
iPredict achieved very high accuracy in the diagnosis of these diseases with referable and non-referable status. For disease diagnosis:
- iPredict-DR achieved up to 98.48% accuracy with 97.32% sensitivity and 98.75% specificity for identification of referable DR.
- iPredict-AMD achieved up to 99.2% accuracy with 98.9% sensitivity and 99.5% specificity for identification of referrable AMD.
- iPredict-glaucoma achieved 89.67% accuracy with 83.33% sensitivity and 93.89% specificity for glaucoma suspect.
“This technology could be particularly useful in identifying someone who has slipped across the boundary to progress into severity,” Dr. Theodore Smith (Professor in Ophthalmology and Neuroscience at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York) said. “By alerting patients and their physicians to the potential dangers ahead, we believe this Automated AI System screening tool could play a very important public health role.”